Join us on
Saturday, May 11
for our 14th annual Mutt Strut Walk & Run as we raise money to save animal lives!
When you do, you’re joining a dedicated community working every day to create a more humane region for companion animals. Your participation strengthens our ability to create extraordinary moments of hope and joy for people and animals, as well as sustain critical initiatives.
Make a statement for those who don’t have a voice! Register NOW and join us for a fun-filled day that includes a 5K run or a 2.2 mile stroll. A shorter one-mile walk route will also be available.
Pets who are friendly, vaccinated and would enjoy the event – whether running or walking – are welcome to join you on a leash or in a carrier. Please bring proof of vaccination and, of course, be prepared to pick up after your pets! No leashes longer than 6 feet or retractable leashes allowed, dogs must wear fitted collars or harnesses, and please be prepared to pick up dog waste. Also maximum of 2 dogs per individual allowed for safety of our walkers and runners.
- The timed 5K run begins promptly at 8 a.m.
- Check-in and event-day registration opens at 7 a.m.
- All runners receive an official Mutt Strut Walk & Run t-shirt and a commemorative participation medal!
- If you raise $15, you will receive a 2019 bandana for your dog to wear.
- Pre-event registration is $45.
- Event-day registration is $50.
- Prizes for best times in age categories will be awarded!
- The walk begins promptly at 9:30 a.m.
- Check-in and walk-up registration opens at 8 a.m.
- All individual walkers raising $75 or more will receive an official Mutt Strut Walk & Run t-shirt.
- The registration fee for walkers is $15 and includes a 2019 bandana for your dog, and all walkers are encouraged to help raise money to support the Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit.